Supporting the recognition of teaching excellence
The Centre for Innovation in Teaching and Learning (CITL) administers the President’s Awards for Excellence in Teaching and partially funds the award for Distinguished Teaching. CITL also coordinates nominations for external teaching awards. It provides support to nomination coordinators and to nominees in the preparation of their award documents.
The following award competitions are supported by CITL:
Memorial University Awards
President's Awards for Excellence in Teaching and Graduate Supervision (four award categories)
- Distinguished Teaching
- Outstanding Teaching (Faculty)
- Outstanding Teaching (Lecturers and Instructional Staff)
- Outstanding Graduate and Postgraduate Supervision*
* The President’s Award for Outstanding Graduate and Post-Graduate Student Supervision is administrated by the School of Graduate Studies.
- AAU Distinguished Teaching Award, Association of Atlantic Universities
- AAU Anne Marie MacKinnon Instructional Leadership Award, Association of Atlantic Universities
- 3M National Teaching Fellowship, 3M and the Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education
- Allan Blizzard Award, McGraw-Hill Ryerson, University Affairs, and the Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (STLHE)